Sports Premium Funding
Sports premium is additional funding given to every school to improve PE and sport. This money will be used to improve equipment and also provide better quality of teaching through teachers attending training sessions and also through specialist coaches coming in and working alongside teachers.
Our school will receive £8300 during the academic year which will be spent on:
• Specialist sports coaches to run high quality football and netball after school clubs for Key Stage 2. £1900
• Other sports clubs run after school by teachers and TA's are KS1 football club, cross country, gymnastics, rounders, Energy club and dance club.
• Pyramid sports coordinator who organises the sports tournaments football, netball, cross country and rounders in which we compete in. She also delivers staff and play leader training. £718
• Year 2 additional swimming- we will be providing extra swimming within the school to year 2 class, as well as to normal Year 4 swimming sessions.
• Shallow water training for teachers who take their class swimming. £40
• We are also starting to hold sporting fixtures at our school.
Additional money is planned on being spent on staff development in PE and we are awaiting confirmation of these.